How Does Learning Happen? Thursday, January 21 & 28 1PM-2PM EST
$40.00 for this two-part course
Two 60 minute Online Classes
Date and Time of Session:
Part 1: Thursday, January 21, 2021 Time: 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm EST
Part 2: Thursday, January 28, 2021 Time: 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm EST
Virtual Platform: Zoom
By registering for a workshop/course participants declare they have read, understood, and agree with all policies listed at the bottom of the page.
20 in stock
Calling all RECEs, Parents, Supervisors, and Directors of Childcare Centres/EarlyON Centres/Private home daycare agencies
The How Does Learning Happen document is presented in two parts to help all Early Childhood Educators understand the meaning of all parts of this document and bring this document to life in terms of “What does it look like ?” in your classroom environment, your teacher language, your interactions with parents and children, your curriculum content.
Session 1- This session focuses on
*The actual How Does Learning Happen document in terms of the framework.
*We will explore the difference between pedagogy and curriculum.
* What is involved in curriculum content.
*How to do observation and documentation to bring meaning to your program plan and increase your knowledge about individual differences.
* We will also discuss the role of the Educator and the importance of critical reflection
Session 2- This session focuses
* An in-depth look at the 4 foundations of the How Does Learning Happen Document
*Well Being- what does that look like in your classroom- definitions
*Sense of Belonging- what are the strategies and many different ways we can promote a sense of belonging for all children
*Engagement- what does that mean and how can we promote engagement of children, parents and the community into our programs?
*Expression- What are the different ways we can promote different forms of expression in our programs ?
Fee: $40.00 for this two-part course
Date and Time:
Part 1: Thursday, January 21, 2021 Time: 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm EST
Part 2: Thursday, January 28, 2021 Time: 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm EST
Virtual Platform: Zoom- Please ensure that this is installed and working on your device prior to the workshop. We ask that you log on 15 minutes prior to the first session to ensure there are no technical difficulties.
A link will be emailed to you a day before the workshop.
Intended For: Supervisor/Director, Registered ECE, Early Childhood Assistant, Designated Early Childhood Educator, EarlyON Staff, Parents
Disclaimer: The session dates are subject to change due to the number of participants that sign up. The sessions will be rescheduled if there are less than 10 participants
By registering for a workshop/course participants declare they have read, understood and agree with all policies listed at the bottom of the page.
Presented By: Cathy Turalinski; RECE, B.A
CCS Course Policies
Here you will find our policies and code of conduct for the course. Please make sure that you review all policies prior to purchase, by registering for a workshop/course participants declare they have read, understood and agree with all policies.
- It is the participants’ responsibility to read the workshop/course description and make sure the training selected is suitable for their learning needs.
- Participants must be 19 years of age at the time of registration. Participants can be parents and/or ECE, ECA or child & youth workers, who are currently working in an early learning environment
- Experience with children from 2-6 yrs will promote the most participation.
- Participants must stay for the full workshop/course to receive a certificate for RECE continuous professional learning requirements for Ontario early childhood educators.
- Doors close 15 minutes after start time in respect to facilitator and participants.
- We are unable to accommodate children during workshop/course time. Please make childcare arrangements.
- Payment must be made at the time of registration to confirm a seat. Registration is online only.
- Receipts and handouts are always sent by email.
- There is a $15 charge to reprint a certificate or receipt for up to 1 year from the workshop/course date.
- Everyone in the class must abide by the Classroom Code of Conduct.
- These are non-credit workshops/courses, meaning they cannot be applied towards the completion of a university or college certificate, diploma or degree.
- While facilitators strive to cover each workshop’s content as outlined in the description as closely as possible, it is important to point out that each educator is on an individual and unique learning pathway.
Refund & Cancelation Policy
- Requests for cancellations must be received at least 3 business days prior to the workshop/course date to get a credit towards a future date for the same workshop minus any Administration Fees.
- All cancellations are subject to a $10 Administration Fee, except for workshops/courses that are $100 or more, which have a $25 Administration Fee.
- No monies will be refunded or credits offered once the workshop/course starts, or if it’s missed.
- Child Care Solutions may cancel a workshop/course at any time. Registrants will be notified and receive a full refund.
- If a class is missed registrants forfeit their fee and there will be no refund or credit.
Classroom Code of Conduct
We are all guests in the training room. In an effort to maintain a safe and welcoming environment, we ask that we follow these guidelines:
- Respect people’s choices, experiences and feelings.
- One person speaks at a time.
- Participate actively by including your voice and make space for other voices to be heard.
- Respect confidentiality, what is said in the group, stays in the group. Speak in private with the instructor if necessary.
- Assume the best intent. This is a space to learn and sometimes that means making mistakes.
- Take care of yourself, whatever that may look like.
- Mute your microphone to reduce background noise and unmute it for group discussions, to comment or ask questions.