EarlyON/CAPC/CMAS How Does Learning Happen? Integrating the 4 foundations * Mar 24, 2022
$40.00 for this session
2-Hour Online Session
Thursday March 24, 2022 at 7 – 9 PM EST
Virtual Platform: Zoom
By registering for a workshop/course participants declare they have read, understood, and agree with all policies listed at the bottom of the page.
20 in stock
How does learning happen - How do we integrate the 4 foundations with parents and children in EarlyON and Family Centre Programs.
* Learn about the 4 foundations and discuss how each foundation relates to the parents, caregivers, in your EarlyOn Program.
* Sense of Belonging- learn practical ways to set up your early on environment to make Parents, caregivers and children feel a sense of belonging when walking in
* Engagement- learn ways to engage parents with each other, engage in being a play partner with their child, engage in learning more about their child’s interest and developmental needs
* Well Being- learn about resources to support parents, caregivers in helping their child with importance of exercise in physical health and brain development, expressing emotions in a healthy way , feeling safe in an environment for mental health , nutrition
* Expression: Learn ways to support parents in expressing their needs and seeking help for challenging and stressful situations that impact them- which impacts their child or children, share understanding of how children express themselves with limited language and how that translates to challenging behavior
$40.00 for this session
2-Hour Online Session
Session: Thursday March 24, 2022 at 7 - 9 PM EST
Virtual Platform: Zoom- Please ensure that this is installed and working on your device prior to the workshop. We ask that you log on 15 minutes prior to the first session to ensure there are no technical difficulties.
A link will be emailed to you a day before the workshop.
Intended For: EarlyON, CAPC and CMAS Staffs
Disclaimer: The session dates are subject to change due to the number of participants that sign up.
By registering for a workshop/course participants declare they have read, understood and agree with all policies listed at the bottom of the page.
Presented By: Cathy Turalinski; RECE, B.A
CCS Course Policies
- It is the participants’ responsibility to read the workshop/course description and make sure the training selected is suitable for their learning needs.
- Participants must be 19 years of age at the time of registration. Participants can be parents and/or ECE, ECA or child & youth workers, who are currently working in an early learning environment
- Experience with children from 2-6 yrs will promote the most participation.
- Participants must stay for the full workshop/course to receive a certificate for RECE continuous professional learning requirements for Ontario early childhood educators.
- Doors close 15 minutes after start time in respect to facilitator and participants.
- We are unable to accommodate children during workshop/course time. Please make childcare arrangements.
- Payment must be made at the time of registration to confirm a seat. Registration is online only.
- Receipts and handouts are always sent by email.
- There is a $15 charge to reprint a certificate or receipt for up to 1 year from the workshop/course date.
- Everyone in the class must abide by the Classroom Code of Conduct.
- These are non-credit workshops/courses, meaning they cannot be applied towards the completion of a university or college certificate, diploma or degree.
- While facilitators strive to cover each workshop’s content as outlined in the description as closely as possible, it is important to point out that each educator is on an individual and unique learning pathway.
Refund & Cancelation Policy
- Requests for cancellations must be received at least 3 business days prior to the workshop/course date to get a credit towards a future date for the same workshop minus any Administration Fees.
- All cancellations are subject to a $10 Administration Fee, except for workshops/courses that are $100 or more, which have a $25 Administration Fee.
- No monies will be refunded or credits offered once the workshop/course starts, or if it’s missed.
- Child Care Solutions may cancel a workshop/course at any time. Registrants will be notified and receive a full refund.
- If a class is missed registrants forfeit their fee and there will be no refund or credit.
Classroom Code of Conduct
- Respect people’s choices, experiences and feelings.
- One person speaks at a time.
- Participate actively by including your voice and make space for other voices to be heard.
- Respect confidentiality, what is said in the group, stays in the group. Speak in private with the instructor if necessary.
- Assume the best intent. This is a space to learn and sometimes that means making mistakes.
- Take care of yourself, whatever that may look like.
- Mute your microphone to reduce background noise and unmute it for group discussions, to comment or ask questions.